Whether you’re planning to travel by car this winter season or will just be driving to and from work each day, prepping your car for winter can help you avoid car troubles on the road and keep you safe while driving in winter weather conditions.
Before you hit the road for any type of extended travel, we recommend bringing your vehicle into our shop for a winter car inspection. This will give you peace of mind on the road knowing that an expert took a look at your vehicle and made sure that everything was in working order to stay reliable in the cold weather.
Here are some of the top ways in which you can prep your car for traveling this winter:
- Get your car serviced if it is due and inspected for other issues
- Check your manufacturer’s website for any recalls
- Inspect your tires to verify they have good tread and are in overall good condition
- Install new windshield wipers and top-off wiper fluid
- Check all vital fluids
- Be sure to test your vehicle’s interior/exterior lights and signals
- Test your defroster and heater
- Pack a winter emergency kit
All of the tips listed above will be necessary before hitting the road in winter weather. Don’t forget to bring your vehicle into our shop for an inspection before you head out and remember to drive safely!